Creating a digital sales channel and selling heavy-duty parts online requires an investment and in this episode, you will learn about exactly what is involved.
HDPR Live #65: So you want to sell heavy-duty parts online. It should be easy right, set up your website, add some inventory, and sit back and watch the sales start pouring in.
But wait a minute if it was so easy why isn’t everyone doing it?
I invited Sam Gupta, to join us today. Sam has intimate knowledge of what goes into setting up an eCommerce platform and selling parts to the trucking industry.
The 5 Things You Need to Know:
- The eCommerce part you see online is just the tip of the iceberg.
- You need to design this with your ideal customer in mind making sure the expereience is great and the site is easy to use.
- The investment required to transition to a digital sales channel and sell parts online is not a net new investment but rather a reallocation of resources that you are currently using in the traditional model.
- Take a crawl, walk, run approach to transitioning to a digital sales channel and get your customers involved early.
- Align your digital sales channel with your ERP/Accounting Software and off-line operational systems.
We’ve Got a Podcast
Listen to the most recent episodes:
Disclaimer: This content may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, The Heavy-Duty Parts Report may receive a small commission.